Departmental aim and objectives
Our aim is to help improve the quality of life for all through promoting football and its social and development activities in Tonga, support the pursuit of excellence and champion the creative and sports sector through media presence. Our mission is to realize the nation’s football potential and our goal are to offer world class footballers and match officials and providing maximum media exposure, to unlock talent and to improve well-being.
The Media and communications, since its inception, endeavours to ensure football is the premier sports in Tonga by utilizing the local media and their dedicated participation as well as other stakeholders from primary level to top level. We set out with the mission to properly and professionally cover, tabulate, project and compile football information from a wide football gamut and its dissemination in line with the objectives of our major football authorities.
• Our mission is to promote the game of football to grow rapidly and profitably through innovative commercial opportunities and partnerships in establishing football a an attractive product
• In pursuing this mission, we will deliver value and people friendly approaches :
1. To partners through increased football media presence hence with brand and key message exposure.
2. To players, coaches, officials, stakeholders, fans and the public at large through football activities, programmes, events and products that promotes football and its developments to enhance their life and personal effectiveness.
3. To Staff and the football family through a stimulating environment that encourages innovation.
Tight economic times have inevitably had an impact on our work, but not our goals as a department. They remain the same: supporting excellence in media and football, widening opportunities, maximizing economic impact, creating a strong media and marketing network platform and delivering a successful image of football reflecting our vision for the organization as a whole.
TFA programs such as the “Just Play” programme, grassrootfootball, refereeing, competitions, Fifa Goal projects and national participation in regional and international levels are a great example of the difference we can make. Through exposures of such initiavites to the general public through all mediums of the media, TFA aims to maintain and widen the opportunity for all to experience the excellence our sector s offer.
Local Media Partners
We have been able to create a solid partnership network with local media organizations in the Kingdom which includes:
Tonga Broadcasting commission (National Broadcaster)
• Radio Tonga 1 (AM) “The call of the friendly islands”
• TV Tonga 1 & 2
• Cool 90 FM
Taimi Media Network
• TMN TV2 – DigiTV
• Taimi ‘o Tonga News Paper
• The Chronicle
DigiTV- Digicel Tonga
Kelea News Paper
Talaki News Paper
Matangi Tonga Online
One FM 88.1 – Broadcom Broadcasting
Radio Nukualofa 88.6FM